Will a low spin golf ball help your game? We have researched, tested, failed and tested some more to find the 5 best low spin golf balls 2022.
The most common reason people use a low spin golf ball is to gain more control off the tee box and with longer shots. If you play with a slice or a hook, then a low spin ball will definitely help you gain more control with your longer shots. The negative side is you will lose control around the greens making it harder to stop balls near the pin. We did find that you can change your strategy around the greens to a bump and run approach wherever possible. With a little practice you can adjust your approach around the greens to work better with a low spin golf ball in most situations.
If you’re a solid player from 80 yards and in but struggle off the tee box, then a low spin ball could be just what you need. On the other side if you’re pretty good with your driver, but struggle around the greens you simply need more practice around the greens or maybe some lessons from a certified instructor.
Using the right golf ball for your specific game can be very rewarding. Only you know what part of your game can use the most help. Be honest with yourself. We suggest you try a low spin ball for a few weeks and see what results you have. It may help you more than you think, or it might not help you at all. It is definitely at least worth doing your own research and testing to see if you can hit more fairways and lower your scores.
We tested over 20 golf balls and found what we think are the 5 BEST LOW SPIN GOLF BALLS 2022.
Piper Golf Premium Golf Balls
- MAXIMUM DISTANCE – 2-Piece construction creates longer shots and a stable flight and is the best golf ball for beginners, ladies, seniors and high-handicap golfers with lower swing speeds
- CUSTOM ALIGNMENT GUIDE – Custom green color alignment guide helps identify your ball quickly and helps line up and make more putts
- ELIMINATE SLICE AND HOOK – DuPont Surlyn cover creates low spin to limit slice and hook and maximize pure, straight shots
- HIGHLY DURABLE – The DuPont Surlyn cover offers great durability and feel with a perfectly symmetrical 332 dimple design
- GREAT VALUE – Piper Golf’s Tour-Quality Golf Balls at Amateur Prices will save you money on the course
Bridgestone Golf e12 Contact
- CONTACT FORCE DIMPLE creates 38% more surface contact between the golf ball and the club for more efficient energy transfer
- STRAIGHT DISTANCE – Longer and straighter flight with driver and every other club in your bag
- IMPROVED FEEL – Softer core contributes to significantly enhanced feel on all shots
- REDUCED SLICE AND HOOK SPIN ON FULL SHOTS – The optimized aerodynamics of Contact Force Dimple combined with sidespin reducing mantle and core
- MORE SPIN AROUND THE GREEN– Increased friction for better spin around the green
- TIGER WOODS, BRYSON DeCHAMBEAU, FRED COUPLES, MATT KUCHAR AND LEXI THOMPSON Proudly represent Bridgestone Golf on international professional tours
- 20% STRAIGHTER FLIGHT – In laboratory and robot testing, the Maxfli StraightFli produced results 20% straighter than previous generation balls
- FIND THE FAIRWAY DIMPLE PATTERN -The design combination of 374 large and small dimples in stacked and packed patterns helps to reduce lift for a straighter flight
- STRAIGHTER FLIGHT – LONGER DISTANCE – Straighter tee shots not only find the fairway more often, but are also closer to the hole, thereby making your tee shots longer in distance
- Soft ionomer blend formula provides excellent greenside spin for more feel and control
- Conforms to USGA Rules
Callaway 2021 Supersoft Max
- With the new Supersoft MAX, we’re bringing out a unique offering that’s engineered for max distance from max forgiveness.
- Our longest golf ball for slower swing speeds. The oversized design is engineered for increased consistency and high launch while conforming to the rules of golf.
- All of this forgiveness is designed to promote more consistent contact for increased distance.
- The Tri-Blend Ionomer Cover is specifically built to increase ball speed. This cover material also creates an impressive combination of high launch and low spin in your longer clubs.
- High speed, low compression core enhances energy transfer and provides amazing super soft feel
Srixon Soft Feel
- FastLayer Core – With a soft center that gradually transitions to a firm outer edge, the FastLayer Core gives SOFT FEEL incredible softness and great distance off the tee.
- 338 Speed Dimple Pattern – To get more distance overall and better performance in the wind, Speed Dimples reduce drag at launch and increase lift during descent.
- Soft, Thin Cover – Provides more greenside spin and softer feel on all pitches, chips and putts.
After many range sessions and practice rounds, we eliminated a lot of low spin golf balls just for significant loss of control around the greens alone. We found that most of the balls will help get rid of a lot of side spin in comparison to a ProV1 or other more commonly used PGA Tour pro balls. The big issue is how much control you lose around the greens. The 5 balls we chose at HighOnGolf.com resulted in straighter ball flights all around the course and gave up the least amount of control around the greens.
We hope this helps you on your quest to a better golf game. We strongly suggest trying little tweaks in your game to gain any advantage you can over the golf course. Hitting a straight ball is without a doubt very important for lower scores and more birdies. Try a low spin golf ball today.