Garmin has outclassed all of its competitors to this point. The question is what is the best Garmin watch for golf?
Garmin offers numerous options for all budgets. You can purchase a low-end affordable option that will do everything you need, or you can also go big or go home and buy the very best watch they make. You won’t be disappointed either way. Let’s take an in-depth look at the best golf GPS watches from Garmin.
MOST AFFORDABLE TO MOST EXPENSIVE
Garmin Approach S10 Golf Watch
Every golfer wants to play better. All golfers want to put the right shot in the right spot with far more consistency. But you don’t want to spend a fortune to get there. Approach S10 golf GPS Watch is your answer.
- Simple, easy-to-use golf watch
- Sleek, lightweight and comfortable with a high-resolution, Sunlight-readable display
- Provides yardages to the front, back and middle of the Green -as well as Hazards and doglegs – on more than 41,000 preloaded courses worldwide
- Keep Score on the watch for a summary of your round, total distance played and total time
- Upload your scorecards to Garmin Express to keep track of rounds
- Rechargeable battery plays up to 12 hours in GPS golf mode
Garmin Approach S12 Golf Watch
What is the best Garmin Watch for Golf? You wouldn’t be wrong if you said the Garmin Approach S12. It’s basically a new and improved Approach S10 with a few added features.
- New round watch design with a high-resolution sunlight-readable display
- More than 42,000 courses preloaded from around the world
- Keep score right on the watch and upload directly to the Garmin Golf app (when paired with a compatible smartphone) to participate in weekly leaderboards
- Automatically keep track of your score and how far you hit with each club with compatible Approach CT10 club tracking sensors (sold separately)
- Battery life: up to 30 hours in GPS mode
- Provides yardages to the front, back and middle of the green, as well as to hazards and doglegs
Garmin Approach S40 Golf Watch
The Approach S40 GPS golf smartwatch with color touchscreen looks great on your wrist and on the course. With the additional smartwatch features, you can wear it all day, and it can monitor many other activities.
- Stylish GPS golf watch with a sunlight-readable 1.2″ color touchscreen display with metal bezel and quick release bands for easy change of style or color
- Preloaded with more than 41,000 courses from around the world.
- Measures and auto-records detected shot distances. Pair with optional Approach CT10
- Green View feature allows manual pin positioning. Quickly reference distances to the front, middle, and back of the green as well as hazards and doglegs
- Tracks everyday activities such as steps, sleep, and includes built-in multisport profiles.
- Battery life up to 15 hours in GPS mode up to 10 days in smartwatch mode.
Garmin Approach S42 Golf Watch
A GPS golf smartwatch that’s designed for lowering your score on the course and upping your game off the course. PLAY WITH CONFIDENCE. The S42 is what we all need.
- 1.2” easy-to-read color touchscreen display with interchangeable quick release bands
- Battery life: up to 15 hours in GPS mode, and up to 10 days in smartwatch mode
- Green View feature allows manual pin positioning; quickly reference distances to the front, middle, and back of the green as well as hazards and doglegs
- The Auto Shot round analyzer measures and auto-records detected shot distances (lie and ball contact may affect shot tracking) and pairs with optional Approach CT10 club tracking sensors (sold separately) for more automatic game tracking capabilities
- Offers smart notifications (when paired with a compatible smartphone) and estimated activity-tracking features such as steps, sleep, and built-in sports profiles
- Pair with the Garmin Golf app (when downloaded on a compatible smartphone) for live scoring, automatic scorecard uploads and to review all your stats in one place
- More than 42,000 Course View maps preloaded from around the world
Garmin Approach S60 Golf Watch
Look good on and off the course. The Approach S60 golf watch gives you the critical information you need for your golf game. There is no arguing that the Approach S60 is one of the best gps watches for golf.
- Sleek GPS golf watch that reflects your passion on and off the course.
- Quick Fit 22 mm watch band compatible
- Large, 1.2 inches Sunlight-readable color touchscreen display. Available outdoor recreation profiles: Skiing, Snowboarding, XC Skiing, Stand Up Paddleboarding, Rowing
- Quickly gets your location using GPS to Show precise yardages to greens, hazards, and doglegs on full-color course maps
- Convenient Quick Fit bands for fast style changes without tools.
- Battery life- up to 10 hours in golf mode; up to 10 days in watch mode
- More than 40, 000 preloaded courses from around the world
Garmin Approach S62 Golf Watch
The one we all want. It’s bigger and better than all the rest. A premium Garmin watch for golf and everyday life. It has it all. If Money is no issue than we highly recommend the Approach S62 for all golf enthusiasts.
- Large 1. 3” easy-to-read color touchscreen display with scratch-resistant ceramic bezel and interchangeable Quick Fit bands
- Battery life: up to 20 hours in GPS mode, 14 days in smartwatch mode
- Virtual Caddie suggests club based on typical distance the golfer hits that club, factors in wind speed and direction, and indicates where the golfer should aim on the map
- Hazard View allows you to quickly scroll through each hazard on the map
- Plays Like Distance feature accounts for uphill and downhill shots
- Pin Pointer feature tells you the direction to the pin when you have a blind shot so you can know where the pin is — even if you can’t see it
- Green View feature allows manual pin positioning; quickly reference distances to the front, middle and back of the green as well as hazards and doglegs
H.O.G. Final Thoughts
Every Garmin watch is the best Garmin watch for golf. From the Approach S10 to the Approach 62 they all perform flawlessly. If you want the very best watch on the market, then Garmin has you covered. If you want a trustworthy gps watch for casual golf, then Garmin has you covered. They’re a guaranteed difference maker on the course. One thing is for sure, you will be extremely satisfied once you finally own one.