We have read the data and researched many other opinions but needed to find out for ourselves. Who wins the best driver for a slice 2022?
The moment has finally arrived. You pull out your driver and are ready to go. You’re standing on the first tee box with three of your best buddies and it’s time to shine. They are doing their best to stay quiet. Confidence is at an all-time high as you step up to the ball. You take the most comfortable swing possible and….. WHAM ……. the biggest banana slice known to mankind rears its ugly head. It’s over the river and through the woods to grandmother’s house we go and just like that you’re staring at a double bogey on hole one……..HOLE ONE.
Let’s answers a couple questions first. Can a driver fix your slice? NOPE. Can a driver help you turn that slice into a fade? YEP. A driver alone will not fix a slice, but the right driver and a small swing or grip tweak can immediately lower your scores for good.
If you are a beginner to golf, we suggest lessons. Stay away from the best drivers for a slice. These drivers are meant for the 10-to-20-year slice pros who have learned to live with it. There are many people who just play their slice or “power fade”😁 and will benefit with straighter and longer drives by using a draw-biased driver.
The goal when testing is to hit as many balls on the left side of the fairway as possible and figure out what driver helps reduce a slice the most. We had four of our team members test many draw-biased drivers on the market. Using shot dispersion, forgiveness, and overall feel we have a winner for the best driver for a slice 2022.
TaylorMade Stealth HD
INCREASED FORGIVENESS & DRAW-BIASED DESIGN
Historically, draw bias drivers have not been forgiving – as the higher CG needed to create the necessary spin led to a lower MOI. Stealth HD flips this design convention on its head, delivering draw-bias with a stable feel and the highest MOI of any driver in the Stealth family.
- The 60X Carbon Twist Face is encased by a polyurethane cover, featuring a revolutionary new nanotexture technology. The nanotexture cover is used to fine tune launch and spin to optimize total distance regardless of playing conditions.
- The weight savings of the 60x Carbon Twist Face has allowed more weight to be positioned low and deep in the head, this will add 15% more MOI compared to Stealth Plus+.
- The Inertia Generator remains the foundational source of refined aerodynamic properties. The result is a slippery-fast head shape that aids in swing speed generation on the downswing for golfers at every level.
- Our most flexible Speed Pocket design engineered to maximize ball speeds and produce additional forgiveness on low face strikes.
Cleveland Launcher XL Lite
Cleveland took their XL Head Design and combined it with their new Lite-Weight Design for a driver that helps moderate swing speed players amp up swing speeds and get maximum forgiveness.
- LITE-WEIGHT DESIGN – A bonded hosel without the weight-adding adjustability sleeve, together with an ultra-lightweight shaft, makes this driver 12g lighter and 0.25” longer than the adjustable version, so it swings extra quick. That added speed means more distance off the tee.
- XL HEAD DESIGN – This is huge: a bigger head means an MOI of 5,100 g-cm2. Add that forgiveness to a high launch from low-and-deep weighting, and you’ll enjoy maximum distance with maximum fun.
- REBOUND FRAME – What’s better than one flex zone? Two (duh). Alternating zones of flexibility and rigidity direct more energy into the golf ball for increased ball speed and distance on every shot.
- ACTION MASS CB – An 8g weight placed inside the end of the grip delivers better balance for more control without extra effort.
- ACCURACY BUILD – If precision is your top priority, this custom configuration is an inch shorter without counterbalancing for max control off the tee.
PING G425 SFT Driver
STRAIGHT FLIGHT TECHNOLOGY
For golfers who commonly miss their tee shots to the right, the 460cc SFT version is engineered with draw bias to help bring shots back on-line and into the fairway. It features a fixed 23-gram tungsten back weight that shifts the CG closer to the heel to promote a right-to-left shot bend of approximately 25 yards compared to the G425 Max model. A lighter swing weight (D1) also helps influence the ball flight correction.
All the driver models benefit from a proprietary T9S+ forged face that generates accelerated face flexing and helps add distance.
Movable tungsten weights that vary by model are made possible by weight savings attributed to advancements in the drivers’ Dragonfly crown technology
To help increase swing speed and ball velocity, all three models share proven PING driver innovations, including crown turbulators that reduce aerodynamic drag.
An internal rib structure in the Ti-8-1-1 body improves acoustics for a solid and pleasing sound.
The adjustable hosel provides eight positions for golfers to tune their trajectories through loft (+/- 1.5 degree) and lie adjustments
If you constantly battle the dreaded banana slice, we highly recommend a more forgiving driver to help combat your slice. One of these drivers CAN and WILL help you hit more fairways and be on your way to lower scores.
Do your own research and testing at a local golf store and find what club best fits you. Once you have decided on the club that is best for you, simply do some research and find the best price and make your happy purchase.
Hit ’em long and hit ’em straight and remember your double bogey did not ruin your round, your inability to forget about your double bogey ruined your round. Stay healthy and stay happy my friends.